Monday, April 30, 2012

(H)eart(h)quake


Cot shook
Bed trembled
Vibration made me alert
I felt the tremor
Perhaps it was an earthquake!!!!

Apprehension doubled
Life was at risk
Nobody was with me to accompany
I became nostalgic (of past).

Tried to open the television;
To explore for news channels;
To discern the intensity of the tremor
TV was cut off, cable was split
I was alienated.

Tread towards the window
Peeped outside
No sign of earthquake
Houses were still
Got the solace
I was safe.

Was it a dream?
Or reality
Was it an earthquake?
Or my hallucination
I stumbled on the way and found no solution.

Took a respite,
Clogged my eyes,
Got to know it was none the above.
It was indeed a quake
Whose epicentre was my heart?

For the first time I met a “heart quake”……..

No comments:

Post a Comment